Waste management is corporate and social responsibility. Can we do proper waste management and disposal? What are waste management solutions? What waste management equipment do we require?
The problem of waste disposal has led different organizations to take measures to improve the state of the environment. There is a law that defines the waste management solutions that we generate, whether we are an industry or at an intimate level.
Discover waste management solutions
From using recycling bins to adopting ways to reduce consumption, everyone can play an active part in transforming the planet’s environmental conditions. In addition, all this takes place when we have the mandatory waste management equipment.
Dispose of waste properly.
The Leave No Trace principle tells us that proper waste disposal is essential because it improves sanitation in high-traffic areas and helps protect water quality.
Who does not like to visit and enjoy clean natural areas? Like you, other people visited or will visit these places, and if we want to keep them free of garbage, we must follow these tips.
What you take with you comes back with you! How can we help influence waste management solutions?
- Reduce the garbage you could generate. Use thermos, cutlery, and reusable containers to avoid carrying things that could be thrown away on the way.
- Return everything you generate, even organic! It is likely that it will eventually degrade, but it is foreign to the site you are visiting and could make animals in the area sick.
- Take bags or sacks of garbage with you. It is likely that you will not find cans, and you will have to take the garbage with you and deposit it in another place.
- Inorganic garbage, do not bury or burn it because it could cause a fire and does not disappear anyway. Plastic bags take up to 150 years to decompose, and soda or beer can take more than 200 years.
- Stay away from any body of water (rivers, lakes, etc.) to dispose of soap. It is preferable to use hand sanitizer or biodegradable soaps (such as Castile soap).
- To wash dishes, you can use natural materials such as sand, rocks, and dead leaves.
- If there is no bathroom in the place you visit, use the cat hole technique. It is imperative not to leave the toilet paper or bury or burn it. In some places, such as beaches, it is common to walk and find paper behind rocks or fly and get caught in the vegetation. In addition to not being pleasant, it is a source of contamination. Many bacteria are found in our waste!
Concepts that involve waste management solutions
There are 5 guidelines in the waste disposal process, each with its particularities:
Prevention is adopting measures to make the most of materials, reducing waste, and extending the useful life of the finished product. It also applies to the study of the impact on the environment and health, to avoid it and eliminate as much as possible everything harmful.
Planning for reuse
This step ensures that everything that becomes waste can be used without the need to transform it. If it is cleaned to be used, it will not need to be disposed of.
The product recycling process is the treatment of materials to recover and transform them, either for the same user or for other types of products made with the material obtained.
Recycling only covers waste that can be recovered and reused, but not others, such as waste from fuel consumption.
When there is no option to recover or recycle specific waste, it is disposed of in appropriate conditions to prevent it from generating contamination or affecting it in any way.
If we apply these principles in our lives, we can improve our quality of life now and in future generations. We provide waste management solutions on the premises. You can also contact us for sensitive document destruction.